Location: Munich / Germany
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Area: Mentor Calibre
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Mentor is a business unit of Siemens Industry Software (SISW) and a leader in software and hardware solutions for the development of electronic circuits in the EDA market. Mentor enables companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Mentor´s innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. Mentor is technology leader and provides platform solutions for full chip emulation (Veloce), Functional Verification (Questa), Design-for-Test (Tessent) and physical verification (Calibre)
Join our team as a “Application Engineer” in Munich or one of our other offices within Germany.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
We are seeking a Senior Application Engineer for our European Technical Organization, with focus on the industry-leading Calibre line of products.
The primary purpose of the position is to work closely with customers and sales teams to manage the technical engagement that supports sales campaigns and drive the adoption of Mentor Calibre software tools.
- To develop close relationships with customers to be able to assess their technical requirements and the options/ability for Mentor's Calibre solutions in order to develop and implement technical sales plans. This may be through proactive telephone contact, delivery of presentations and demonstrations, articulating product value statements, and engagement in technical benchmarks and evaluations
- To drive products into customer projects to ensure adoption by creating methodology and flows; this may include infrastructure and integration into a customer’s environment and the identification of pilot projects for tool use and the debugging and bring-up of new methodologies and flows
- To uncover or qualify new opportunities, the technical viability of a lead and communicate the opportunity clearly to the sales team. Use this information to establish success criteria for technical engagements that effectively position Mentor areas of strength
- To provide technical leadership on all aspects of a sales campaign with the aim of contributing to account/area technical business plans
- To share, in a proactive manner, account, evaluation, competitor, technology and other useful information with peers, sales teams, management and product divisions to help us to compete more effectively
- To actively participate in out-bound marketing such as trade shows, workshops, seminars, webcasts
The position is located in Munich, Germany with focus on customers located in the country however you will be part of a team covering Europe and consequently should anticipate some international travel as needed by the team.
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- BSEE or equivalent is required; MSEE preferred
- 10+ years of experience as anApplication Engineer or related field
- Broad understanding of Physical Verification/Circuit Verification/Extraction/DFM methodologies and flows
- Expert level scripting / programming skills (Perl, TCL/Tk) in CAD environment
- Familiarity with rule decks writing (ideally Calibre TVF, SVRF)
- Awareness of competitive tool requirements, net lists/interfaces, format
- Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset
- Knowledgeable in compute farms grid setting and monitoring
- Working familiarity with Unix and Linux OS
- Able to quickly develop deep understanding of technology and able to explain and optimize results
- Able to prioritize and document all activities based on business ROI
- Able to uncover new business opportunities and articulate the potential to Sales Management
- Motivated team player
- Enjoy working with customers
- Enjoy working in a large team environment
- Strong communication skills in German and English
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. PLM software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Felix Held, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.