THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED REMOTELY IN MOST EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
High Level Synthesis (HLS) is now accelerating the design of complex systems and SoCs.
New technologies like Autonomous Cars, 5G, Artificial Intelligence, and Deep Learning, enable new SoCs and dedicated systems which are reshaping the semiconductor industry.
HLS is the enabling design methodology accelerating this revolution.
Mentor’s HLS solution based on Catapult is the market leader, with a rapidly growing customer’s base.
SLEC is a Mentor formal equivalence technology used to verify functional equivalence between two designs even in the presence of sequential differences. This may be C-RTL or RTL-RTL, the applications for this technology are growing.
To support growth in Catapult HLS and SLEC markets we are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual, excited to be part of this revolution, and ready to support customers through these disruptive changes, to be competitive in this new semiconductor landscape.
This position is for a European Application Engineer supporting Mentor’s Catapult HLS and SLEC technologies.
It is a key customer facing technical role, to work with sales teams and ensure customer success through deployment of Mentor technology.
The candidate is expected to be highly motivated and able to manage multiple concurrent engagements.
- Work with the World Trade Sales Organization to drive pre and post-sales technical activities to sell and support both SLEC and High Level Synthesis (HLS) Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools
- Analyse customer designs and methodology to show how Mentor’s technology could boost productivity and enable faster innovation.
- Assist with customer design and verification
- Provide customer training on Calypto Systems Division Products
- Perform Beta testing and collaborate with R&D to assist product direction and capabilities of HLS, RTL power optimization and Formal Verification
- Will require up to 35% travel in Europe and USA
• Previous HLS experience not mandatory but is highly beneficial
• Previous Formal Equivalence experience not mandatory but is highly beneficial
• Knowledge and experience of VHDL or Verilog, or SystemVerilog RTL languages in ASIC/FPGA design
• Experience of ASIC or FPGA hardware design and verification using RTL or HLS tool flow and formal equivalence
• Experience of low-power ASIC design
• Experience of RTL verification flows and methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical, electronic or computer engineering or a related scientific field
• Experience with Linux environment including scripting languages
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills are required
• 3 years of design or application engineering experience in either an RTL or HLS implementation or verification role
• Ability to travel at short notice and work remotely at customer locations in Europe
Mentor Graphics is a Siemens business, offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
We are a an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 112208
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time