From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens Mobility has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a to join our team in Port Melbourne, Victoria. The main mission of this position is to be in the early involvement of Procurement and suppliers in the product development/manufacturing process as well as monitoring current products in order to minimise the overall costs.
· Early Procurement Involvement, actively participating in product development and manufacturing process.
· Implement cost reduction measures to achieve the target costs for materials and the overall material costs being aligned with the R&D community in the Business Unit and Procurement
· Early Supplier Integration, including suppliers and contribute to cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects
· Conduct and provide market information/analysis on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain
· Strategy alignment supporting activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonise and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies
· Prepare sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies
· Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material and realisation of potential for savings in the project
· Supplier Management, assessing and developing suppliers from the technological standpoint in order to concentrate on the best suppliers
· Participate in work groups and work in projects in order to stay informed and keep others informed
· A business, accounting, or supply chain qualifications would assist you in performing the analytical and reporting requirements of the role.
· Proficient in using MS Office and SAP or a similar tool.
· Experience working in construction, heavy industries, rail, transport or similar would be considered advantageous
· Experience in logistics in a project delivery environment would be considered advantageous.
· You will be confident in communicating across all levels of the business, including suppliers and you will have proven experience in showing initiative and applying appropriate levels of assertiveness to ensure tasks are completed.
· Strong organisational skills and high level of attention to detail will see you succeed in this role.
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join a global provider in Mobility solutions. In return for your commitment you will have access to an attractive remuneration package and possible future career opportunities.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 112249
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time