From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Bid Manager to join our Mobility tendering team based in our Sydney offices. Siemens Mobility tendering is looking for a candidate aligned to our company values: excellence, innovation and responsibility to lead bid teams for various Mobility opportunities in Australia and NZ.
The Bid Manager leads multidisciplinary bid teams to submit bids for projects small to medium sized as per the Siemens regulatory framework with the aim to execute contracts from handover to project delivery. As well as, ensuring the customer bid requirements are met. The Bid Manager ensures success for Siemens in terms of bid transition to contract, margin results and customer satisfaction. Supervises bid team members from the tendering team and from the wider company.
The Bid Manager reports to the Head of Tendering of Siemens Mobility and has primary responsibility for the on-time submission of quality of bids meeting Siemens regulatory requirements. You will be joining a supportive focussed team of professionals who thrive on the challenges of Tendering for Rail infrastructure works including signalling, rail electrification and maintenance agreements.
- Manages the development and submission of customer proposals (bids, budgetary proposals, EOI and Pre-qual or similar).
- Manages the wider tender team necessary to achieve the above
- Liaises with Sales team to develop a competitive response strategy
- Liaises with Tender Engineering team to identify the most appropriate technical solution and source associated base estimates and related tender deliverables from the relevant Work Package teams.
- Liaises with the Business Administration/Commercial team for commercial responses
- Liaises with the Customer to clarify proposal requirements and negotiate proposal submissions
- May liaise with relevant sub-contractors and/or other parts of Siemens for their inputs into bids.
- May manage estimate calculations and customer price schedule generation for minor bids (or parts thereof)
- Manages the bid process in MO from PM20 (exclusive) through to the PM70 or PM80 (inclusive) for the relevant bids.
- Supervises multidisciplinary bid teams
- Controls bid costs
- Completes customer schedules and returnable for proposals
- Supports proposal process at any stage as part of the sales team
- Presents to executive management
- Simultaneously manages one or more bids in one or more regions and for one or more customers.
- A degree qualified in a related (eng, management, marketing, communications) area.
- Large and small bids and proposals experience - 10 years min
- Role involves high level understanding of MO solutions for ML, RE, ITS and CS portfolios
- Proven track record in winning bids
- Drive to provide innovative and enticing proposals
- Methodical in following a process
- Calm approach to tight deadlines
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 112252
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time