We are looking to for a Full Time Engineer as a Proposal Development Engineer.
This position will be based in our Dubai office and will demand both regional and international travel (especially to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia).
As our successful Proposal Development Engineer you will be accountable for developing proposals for the Aftermarket Business for Middle East and North Africa. You will be required to support regional Sales for bid/application support meetings and bid preparation.
You will provide engineering support for the preparation of comprehensive sales proposals, which will result in orders from customers for the Gas Turbine Engine, Package Auxiliary equipment, Compressors, Steam Turbines, Controls systems and Electric Generator applications of the Siemens product line.
Your assignments will cover a wide variety of projects involving centrifugal compressors, power turbines, Steam Turbines and gas turbine engineering scope, therefore, strong technical background and sound commercial capabilities would be preferred.
You will also work with Regional Sales personnel to identify customer’s project requirements related to engine, compressor, power turbine, package upgrades and overhauls, controls upgrades, coordinating and preparing an integrated Solution proposals.
This role will require you to support Regional Sales personnel in pursuit of integrated solutions projects and assisting in fulfilling PM@Siemens process for proposal release to customer.
Additionally, you will be responsible for preparing appropriate project cost and margin analysis, project and business risk analysis, bid approval documentation and Projects handover documentation as required.
· Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and
minimum 6 years or Masters degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and
minimum 4 years as Bid manager or application engineer or similar engineering
role related to rotating equipment for the Oil & Gas industry
Knowledge of the products and processes with technical knowledge of rotating equipment features, design, applications.
· Good understanding of commercial conditions to support negotiations during Bid Phase.
· Responsible for review of customer RFQ to ensure compliance and identify deviations and produce quality proposal.
· Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team including Engineering, Supply chain, legal, finance, and external vendors to ensure timely flow of information. Also work with headquarters as a key partner in the strategy development to create winning proposals, by providing and analyzing Customer’s needs and selecting, most competitive solutions for Customer.
· Strong team player, interacting with all supporting functions (Legal, Sales, Finance, Operations)
· Proven capability to establish good relationship with internal customers and build mutual trust.
· Strong communication skills – externally and internally.
· Fluent in English
· Never-give-up, problem solving attitude
· The ideal candidate is a team player, able to effectively communicate with his/her peers and supervisors. Has good influencing skills when dealing with functions and coordinating activities. Has a proven ability in understanding project needs in cross-functional view, ability to work autonomously, takes lead in developing complex solutions, under pressure and with tight deadlines. Is a hard worker and committed to results.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong Knowledge of rotating equipment and O&G customer.
· Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize and manage time.
· Both EPC/user experience and new equipment design.
Job ID: 112301
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time