Siemens Subsea is developing and delivering subsea power, distribution and sensing products and systems to the global subsea industry. The unit is a segment headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We place a strong emphasis on the complete value chain from pre-engineering to long term operational support. We are developing components that will form a complete subsea power grid system allowing large scale subsea distribution of power to multiple consumers. We also have supporting technologies like pipeline heating systems for flow assurance and Subsea Hydraulic power units. In addition we offer a world class range of power and electrical and fiber connectors, sensors and advanced monitoring solutions as well as a wide range of subsea distribution products including EFL’s and HFL’s. Siemens Subsea has locations in Norway, US, UK, Brazil, Angola and Malaysia. Subsea System provides customer-specific subsea systems and solutions for subsea applications within: Subsea Power and Subsea Controls. The Product Development department is responsible for executing development and maintenance of all Subsea products/systems at all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are seeking:
Key Expert Condition Monitoring
Design and development of condition monitoring and optimization applications for subsea and topside processes and equipment - main focus on the electrical drive-trains. Building powerful applications using machine learning and other methods for data analytics and optimization to assess condition and remaining lifetime of equipment and systems. The position will also entail sales customer contact and technical support to PLM and sales to define roadmap for the condition monitoring solutions.
Areas of Responsibility
The Key Expert Condition Monitoring will be typically working with the following tasks:
- Technical responsibility of Condition Monitoring solutions for subsea.
- Technical coordination of R&D projects within Condition Monitoring and Digitalization
- Implementation of data analytics applications for Condition Monitoring
- Support PLM (Subsea and Offshore) with Value Proposition Design for Condition Monitoring applications
Some travel activity may be required to visit domestic and international customer sites as well as offshore facilities from time to time.
- Master or PhD in relevant area: engineering cybernetics, computer science, electrical or mechanical. Relevant knowledge and experience may compensate for academic qualification.
- Knowledge and experience in first principles mathematical modelling
- Experience in data analytics/machine learning in Python, R, Matlab or similar
- Good communications skills in both written and oral English, advantage with other language skills
- condition monitoring of drive trains
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Beneficial with experience from technical coordination roles in projects
- Beneficial with knowledge about architectures for data driven software solutions
- good capability to collaborate with international teams and different company cultures
- proven ability and capability to work in a development oriented environment with strong focus on client requirements
Why join us
In Siemens Subsea you will work in the most exciting technical field in subsea industry. You will be part of building, qualifying and commercializing a full digitalization solution for Subsea and Oil & Gas Offshore. The type of solutions being developed has been identified by OG21 as one of the key enabling technologies for the Norwegian petroleum sector in the coming years.
A position with great influence and impact in developing Subsea and Oil & Gas Offshore solutions. You will be a part of a high competence environment and culture, which are in front of a new technology that will radically change the way of thinking in the Oil and Gas industry.
Application deadline: sunday 2.of June 2019
We use background check in our recruitmentprocess.
For more information;
Subsea Systems, Head of Product Development Endre Brekke, phone +47 932 10 499.
Job ID: 112343
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time