Gas Turbine Mechanical Integrity Engineer (Senior/Expert)
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
- Carry out static/transient, Linear/Non-linear thermal and thermo mechanical FEA (Finite element analysis) of Gas Turbine static & Rotating components using commercial software such as ANSYS mechanical, ANSYS workbench, NX-CAE, Nastran & Abaqus.
- Perform Low cycle fatigue, High Cycle fatigue and detailed Fracture mechanics assessment of Gas Turbine’s static & rotating components.
- Perform high temperature creep calculation and assessment. Creep-fatigue interaction needs to be checked.
- Prepare and document FE calculation in the form of structural integrity design report.
- Participate and conduct structural integrity design review at component level.
- Seamless transfer of structural integrity calculation input and output between design team and project lead respectively
- Provide mentoring & training to less experiences employees.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical Engineer graduate/Post graduate/PhD from recognized college/university
- 8 to 15 years of experience in CAE/FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for linear, Non- linear, static, Transient, thermal and structural calculations.
- Experience in FEA software ANSYS mechanical or ANSYS Workbench or NX-CAE, Nastran or Abaqus
- Experience in Product Design in Turbo Machinery or Automotive or General Engineering
- Strong background in engineering Mechanics and mechanical design.
- Experience in turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine will be preferred
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 112347
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time