Design calculation tool developer
Join us on our journey into the future #Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
To Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery in Finspång, Sweden we are now looking for a new colleague to the R&D technology department in Gas & Power. Common Technical Tools is a global department that is represented in several R&D locations. The department is responsible for the development and maintenance of several in-house calculation tools that are being used for developing and maintaining our products during their entire life cycle. The work tasks consist of all steps in the design tool development process. From requirement specifications, understanding customer needs, software development, testing, implementation as well as advanced user support. Everything in close cooperation with user representatives.
The working tasks will primarily consist of further development, support and maintenance of our in-house design tool for modelling of secondary air systems, whole engine modelling of structural temperatures, clearances and elongations of gas turbines. We also see future use of these models in systems as digital twins and utilization of artificial intelligence to better analyze customer gas turbine operation for improved predictions, as well as for improved new unit designs.
- In this position you will be able to work with state-of-the-art design tools and technologies that are being used to develop world class energy system products.
- This position offers career opportunities within the global engineering community network.
- Cooperation in a global environment with development engineers. Cooperation also includes contacts with technical partners and universities.
- Travel might be expected at maximum 10% of the time.
Who are you / necessary
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing design calculation tools.
- Advanced level in C# / .net programming, experience in development of applications for MS Windows operative system
- Good competence in OpenGL (OpenTK), LINQ, WPF, Git as code development platform
- Background in Mathematics (Numerical methods, Linear and Non-linear problems)
- Basic understanding of physics and fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics processes
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- You have a M.Sc. or Ph.D. with focus on programming, software development with interest in physical problems. Alternatively, M.Sc. or Civilingenjör with focus on fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics with strong competence in programming.
Desirable previous experience:
- Development of design calculation tools for use in engineering with focus on fluid mechanics, heat transfer or thermodynamics.
- Additional software skills such as Python, Java, FORTRAN, C/C++
- Experience in agile working methods in close cooperation with users
- Knowledge about software development processes
Desirable personal qualities:
- Strong customer focus and skilled in analysis of customer needs.
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Quality oriented thinking process
- Innovation and solution oriented
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Agile and Lean thinking
- Process oriented
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and companies in the oil and gas industry.
Turn challenges into opportunities
Our energy system is undergoing rapid changes and the world's energy use is steadily increasing.
These challenges require innovative solutions and products that combine both physical and digital technology, which cover the entire energy value chain. Siemens energy portfolio extends from the latest in compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, smart network management and innovative storage solutions. Everything is backed by a comprehensive service offering range and genuine commitment to meeting our customers' individual needs
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future. See more on Siemens.se
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se/jobb refnr 112359 and no later than August 31, 2019. The role is permanent and full time and you will be based in Finspång, Sweden.
For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Ulf Rådeklint on +46 (0)122-81322 or for questions about the recruitment process contact Malin Tallberg on tel. +46 (0)122 81381.
Trade Union representatives:
Veronica Andersson, Unionen, 0122-840 21
Simon Von Eckardstein, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
Job ID: 112359
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time