Production Manager SAS
Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a growing business within Siemens Mobility Ltd with an annual turnover significantly in excess of £100m. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner. ITS UK is part of a Global Siemens ITS network where the UK organization encompass a global Factory, R&D, Service, Projects and Sales. The global Factory manufactures ITS products which are exported globally.
The Production Manager role is a key member of the management team overseeing and managing 3 production Cells approximately 30 people. Reporting into the head of global manufacturing, you will lead, reward, motivate & recognise your teams & individuals. With budgetary responsibility for your own area you will deliver year-on-year productivity cost savings. With responsibility to maintain a production result which delivers SQCD and P metrics and enhances the manufacturing performance. You will ensure sufficient capacity is available to support production commitments.
What are my responsibilities?
- Co-ordinate the build and delivery of ITS products to the quality standards required.
- Optimise inventory so as to achieve budgeted stock targets, whilst maintaining timely customer product deliveries.
- Maintain overhead costs within budget targets and work with all levels of the business to ensure resources are used cost effectively to achieve business objectives
- Take a leading role in promoting a safe and healthy working environment, as defined in the EH&S and Quality policies.
- Promote and encourage free thinking and work towards a vision of continuous improvement
- Is a key interface between manufacturing and other businesses and functions
- A key part of the OPS management team, able to interact and contribute on strategic and operational topics
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be energetic and can lead a team through a period of change
- Ideally educated to Degree standard and be capable of working within a busy operational department.
- Ideally SPS qualified (LEAN) or a background in planning or engineering - ie: some technical capabilities.
- Significant experience of managing in a manufacturing environment.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of material management, technical and process techniques.
- Has experience of initiating and implementing significant change programs and managing a variety of internal projects.
- Can communicate clearly on process performance and optimisation potential.
- Experience of managing and leading medium to large teams of people covering a wide range of levels and capabilities.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 112364
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time