Consultancy Services (CS) are an engineering team delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally with teams based in Belfast, Glasgow, Ashby, Poole and London. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
The main purpose of this role is to create detailed specifications for the configuration of Siemens products to suit customer requirements. Working with other configuration engineers and technical specialists you will deliver configurations for a range of customers.
What are my responsibilities?
- To follow Company and departmental processes.
- Accurately interpret customer requirements
- Liaise with customers and other internal teams including Field Services
- Manage your own workload
· Presenting data packages for review and checking, and then issuing the subsequently approved items.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Qualifications in a relevant STEM subject is preferable but not essential
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
- Ability to solve complex traffic engineering problems
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
- Have knowledge of Siemens IC4 software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Having detailed knowledge of traffic engineering principles including operation of traffic signal-controlled intersections. Would be an advantage but not essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 112394
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time