The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Operations Personnel for the Operations & Maintenance Control Centre (OMCC).
What are my responsibilities?
- Assistance to the Store Manager and execution of the tasks delegated to position holder
- Electronically booking in and out of materials
- Receiving, storing and issue of materials, supplies and equipment
- Maintaining the spares according to supplier’s instructions
- Compilation and maintenance of records of supply transactions
- Control of incoming goods in respect of correctness by means of comparing delivery documents
- Markings of stores items in general for identification
- Replacement of damaged goods and tools
- Dispatch of items for repair
- Storage service vehicles
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Vocational Training or higher qualification from reputable institution or training center
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar function
- Solid work experience in Storage service vehicles working in the warehouse environment
- Holding a forklift driving license – preferable
- Experienced with protective equipment according to the requirements of the Safety Rules & Regulations
- Wears required protective equipment in case entering the clearance gauge or designated workshop areas.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 112488
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time