Operate as the deputy Installation Managers for the communications department ensuring to Plan, schedule and delivery of communications scope of work, integrated within the Transit Systems organization ensuring all complex project objectives and agreed milestones are achieved in accordance with project requirements, the program, resource requirements, budgets, quality, safety standards and customer expectations.
What are my responsibilities?
· Actively promoting safety and implement the Safety Management System in compliance with BACS Safety plan to ensure a safe and reliable network.
· Coordinate in the partnership with Lot-PMs the implementation of the Group / BU Safety Plan so that system safety aspects of projects are addressed, and projects are managed in compliance with relevant standards and specifications, to ensure a safe and reliable project delivery.
· Coordinate interface engineering/management with scope/schedules and manage the planning phase to progress from agreed project scope to the point of project delivery and ensure projects are adequately planned and resourced to effect timely and cost-effective delivery.
· Assist in the coordination of construction activities undertaken by Lot-PMs and subcontractors. Monitor and report on progress.
· In partnership with Lot-PMs Audit design/construct SEQ plans to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and legislative requirements.
· Contribute as an installation team member to the development of annual cost recovery and expenditure budgets in line with the group’s requirements.
· Prepare, interface management of project management plans. Coordinate interface management with the COM Installation Manager with the projects and deliver specified outcomes for stakeholders in terms of safety, scope, quality, standards, budget, timeframes and customer expectations.
· Coordinate with Civils, COM team with certification on a regular basis, regulatory and organizational standards to facilitate compliance for all work.
· Coordinate with interface stakeholders on site scope clashes. Oversee interface scope to ensure they are compliant with organizational standards and legislative requirements.
· Pursue construction innovations and benchmark construction against industry best practice to ensure quality, productivity and continuous improvement in project outcomes.
· Coordinate with the COM Installation manager to undertake Risk Analysis for projects in order to manage safety and commercial risks to facilitate decision making and risk minimization for projects.
· Coordinate with COM Installation manager to participate in the development and negotiation of contractual agreements to identify and reduce the commercial risk in projects undertaken.
· Assist with the monitoring to ensure databases are kept updated for all projects in order to provide timely and accurate financial reporting, and to facilitate project completion reports as part of project finalization.
· Coordinate lead with the monitoring to ensure stakeholders sign off the scope for all Projects and handover documentation is completed at the end of projects.
· Actively enforce Occupational Health & Safety policy and procedures to ensure compliance with OH & S and Injury Management legislation and promote the development of a safe working culture.
· Actively promote and implement environmental policy and procedures in order to minimize environmental risk.
· Actively engage in fair and equitable workplace behavior to ensure a discrimination-free workplace in accordance with legislative requirements.
· Assist the COM Installation manager with establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Compiling and executing a project plan and / asset management plan.
· Learn the appropriate methods and flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of goals.
· Through adaptive on the training/mentoring Continuously seeking opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities; assist with facilitating the use of knowledge to help from outside the work place to identify potential problems or improvement opportunities; advocating the need for self or others to seek a better way to address work process issues.
· Learn to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
· Assist with making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining positive customer relationships.
· Learn to proactively identify and develop strategic client relationships; Assist with initiating or encouraging action which meets or exceeds client expectations; Learn to use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to ensure on going client satisfaction.
· Being aware of conditions that effect employee safety in the infrastructure environment; having systems and processes in place to ensure safety systems are constantly monitored for effectiveness.
· Learn to effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
· Relating and comparing data on day to day effectiveness from different sources. Learning to establishing goals and requirements that reflect organizational objectives and values; committing to a course of action after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions and factual information taking into consideration organizational constraints and values.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, or Engineering, preferably Civil Electrical, CCTV, ACID, CTN Fiber Networks, Master clock and Telephony systems – with a major focus on Mega system implementation at parallel locations. Experience with Project Management aspects or a relevant discipline or equivalent experience;
· Demonstrated commitment to learn knowledge base required assisting Installation management with the complex Riyadh Metro project deliverables, academic experience and/or industry work experience in major infrastructure projects or multi-disciplined nature.
· Willingness, commitment to gain experience with project management tools and contract administration and negotiation procedures incorporating Integration Management, Scope Management, Time Management, Cost management, Quality Management, HR Management, Communications Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management, Financial Management and Contract Administration and Management.
· Demonstrated commitment to obtain company knowledge and understanding of business objectives, policies and procedures for project management and those relevant to HR, safety, the environment and finance on projects or similar work experience.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 112680
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time