Business Development Specialist -Academia - STAR-CCM+
The role is attached to the Industries Specialist team within the CCM business line (focusing on the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ solution), which is part of Simulation and Test of Siemens PLM Software. The team consists of 10 individuals who are each responsible for leading the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ business strategy for their industry segment.
This individual will be the lead for the Academia development.
The team provides industry insight to create and capture value. This entails working with the sales, marketing and product management teams, as well as senior management.
Key performance indicators for the position include revenue growth from the industry, and development and execution of a strategic business plan.
The role has two key functions:
- Business development. Supporting the sales and marketing teams to
drive business for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ within the academia. This includes:
- Collaborating and coordinating with other teams within the Simulation & Test segment, across the Siemens PLM
- Developing sales and marketing collateral in support of Academic sales initiatives;
- Training the sales team;
- Visiting and presenting to academia and at dedicated events.
- Helping to create value, by
identifying and quantifying market opportunities, and how to realize them (eg
to buy, build or partner). This
- Identifying and quantifying market opportunities as an input to Product and Senior management;
- Working with Product Management to elaborate product roadmaps;
- Working with Siemens PLM Academic team and strategic universtities to identify and validate mid-to-long term needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Background in business development;
- Background in the use of simulation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills;
- A self-starter able to work in a globally distributed organization;
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative team, with a focus on excellence;
- Demonstrate strategic business planning experience (able to develop and drive long term business plans);
- Relevant University education;
- Global travel up to 50%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Background working in sales, marketing or business development;
- Experience with Challenger Sales approach;
- Education to MBA level would be preferred.
Job ID: 112700
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time