Job title: Java/J2ee full stack software developer
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Implements products with high quality that address business needs within mature technology environments by utilizing his/her expertise in the field of responsibility.
- Leads, develops and motivates a group of dedicated qualified employees and professionals to achieve the targets set.
- Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, for the team assigned.
- Coordinates activities performed by the assigned team of professionals and technicians and controls execution according to the organizational guidelines.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project owners, architect and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases.
- Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Research and prototype new technologies as appropriate.
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
- Owns NFRs and provide solutions which is highly scalable and available
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· 3-5 years’ work experience in Software Engineering especially in professional software product development.
Knowledge and Experience
· Strong understanding of OOPS concepts and ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices.
· Strong understanding of REST Services and microservice concepts
· Thorough understanding and experience using relational databases specifically SQL Server and/or Oracle.
· Requires understanding & usage of J2EE technologies like Java Web Services, JMS, JDBC.
· Knowledge in Cloud Platforms
· Superior organization skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a large audience.
· Experience in using build tools like Gradle and Jenkins
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Basic understanding of Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
· Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
· Experience coordinating the activities of multiple teams supporting project reviews
· Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
· Available for occasional off hours support
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 112739
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time