Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Site Supervisor and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
You will represent Siemens on Installation projects, and when required, work in a team reporting to a Site Manager on major construction sites.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here;
This is your role. What part will you play?
- A Site Supervisor represents the Site Manager on site and therefore has full responsibility for the day-to-day control of their team or teams’ activities on site, comprising of:
- Implementation of site management policy as briefed to them by the Site Manager.
- Control of access to the work areas allocated to them ensuring unauthorised/non-essential personnel are prevented from entering by means laid out in the Site Management Manual PS1
- Promote the following within their teams:
- Proactively work with the team to foresee any potential health, safety, environmental and quality issues in their work area and remove them when identified.
- Identify any issues in other work areas to the person in charge.
- Compliance with the Health and Safety, Environmental & Quality Plans and know their duties to be discharged in each case. Carrying out actions and creating required documentation within the project milestone dates.
- Assist in the production of method statements and risk assessments (RAMS) ensuring that the relevant RAMS approved by the PC Rep are briefed to their team members and adhered to, stopping work and reviewing RAMS if required.
- Co-ordinate with other work parties to ensure efficient and safe working by all.
- Co-ordination with the Site Manager as required to proactively raising any issues that could impact on the efficient and safe installation of their activities within the project including any variation to the scope of work, proactively proposing potential efficiencies and best working practice.
- Participate in weekly safety walks and site safety meetings as required by the Site Manager, proactively raising hazards and pointing out best practice. Accepting actions for their team from the weekly safety walks and internal and external audits, implementing these findings within the allotted timescales.
- Works to the procedures as specified in the Siemens Site Management Manual PS1.
- Report all non-conformances, accidents / incidents/hazards and near misses observed to the company Site Manager and cooperate in any investigations arising from them.
- Promote a culture within their teams of openness and a willingness to listen to others when best practice is shared with them. Encourage the teams to highlight any best practice they see and report all non-conformances, accidents / incidents/hazards and Near Misses they observe.
- Be responsible for setting your team(s) to work following the agreed procedure. Hold toolbox talks, daily point of work risk assessments and safety briefings with their teams at a frequency agreed with the Site Manager, recording attendance and seeking feedback from their teams.
- To actively manage all completion of all task cards allocated to your team(s) to the required timescale (or better) and ensure compliance with timesheet and expenses submission timescales by your team(s).
- To assist the Resource Team in vetting and approval of third party contract workers by providing feedback within the competency framework procedure.
- To monitor and report progress of their team(s) against the project programme/task cards and report back to the nominated person.
- Ensure all tools and equipment allocated to the activities they have responsibility for are utilised effectively are maintained and inspected for defects and are calibrated or tested as required.
- Ensure their team(s) have sufficient resources to effectively carry out their work activities.
- Provide support to their team members to enable them to develop their skills and knowledge to meet business needs and personal development
- Provide technical support and direction within their competence to other team members, including the application of technical standards.
- To carry out any other activities which the Company may reasonably require to be undertaken on a temporary basis which are within an individual’s area of competence.
- Carries out any other duties within his competence as directed by the Site Manager
- Operates within a budget defined by the Site Manager
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Experience in a capacity of leading others on an Electricity Supply Industry construction site or similar (Power Generation, Oil & Gas or General Construction Sites).
- Experienced preferred in leading teams in site activities comprising of primary and secondary plant installation complying with health, safety, quality and environmental legislation and practice within a substation environment, for example, National Grid, SSE, SPEN etc.
- Requires the presence and personal qualities necessary to effectively monitor and control the site - such as people management skills, verbal and written.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Job ID: 112790
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time