The Business Controller / Cost Accountant will be in charge for the Business Administration and Business Controlling of Siemens Iraq Branches . The Position holder will ensure the correct and complete cost accounting and cost controlling for branches, giving directions to Purchasing, Accounting and others to ensure the achievement of controlling tasks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Reviews and approves calculations, prepares forecasts and management reports.
- Prepares and concludes service agreements with Siemens internal services providers.
- Follows up with various functions on cost controlling and accounting matters, i.e. HR. Purchasing, Security, Treasury,..
- Closely operates with the Siemens AG Headquarter Business Controlling and Accounting to ensure correctness and completeness as well as local implementation of rules and regulations.
- Informs management about the development of business figures, costs. Prepares cash plans and monitors bank accounts.
- Ensures professional preparation and presentation of reports and analysis.
- Closely aligns with Branch teams in Iraq
- Plan, monitor and manage all cost accounting and reporting of the branch; ensure correct setup of cost centers, right allocation of costs, performing analysis and corrections.
- Reports cost development to CEO, CFO as well as functional head as security and others. Provides suggestions for in depth analysis and cost reductions.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: prepares the quarterly cost forecasting and the yearly cost budgeting for the branch activities.
- Management of Service Agreements and cost charging: plans the costs for services received within the Siemens and costs to be charged out within Siemens.
- Renews the services agreements yearly and performs relevant cost postings into the IT systems
- Cost Management of Branch Projects: prepares on request of the management project cost planning, i.e. for setting up new branch office in another town
- Month end, quarter end and year end closing
Bank Monitoring / Cash Planning
- Prepares cash flow plans,
- Ensures timely availability of funds for all payments.
- Aligns with other functions, i.e. taxes, for required payments.
- Controls bank accounts and ensures correct & complete reporting of transactions in SAG system.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting and presents results to management; overdue reporting from Siemens CFO Dash, Smart Reporting
- Budgeting responsibility (Cost Center Budget, headcount, investment, etc.)
- Ensure Forecast presented and explained
- Compliance to Siemens reporting guideline
- Ensure reconciliation of Key Figures is done with HQ prior to closure of the fiscal year.
- Define, maintain and present the offers one hand reporting the branches, based on data provision by the business units and local CEO management view.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BSc. Degree or higher qualification in Finance, Accounting or BA from reputable University/ college
- Minimum 2-3 years of related working experience in multinational companies in commercial fields.
- Experience in working in international process framework and internal control and compliance systems
- Be able to take the lead in contracts negotiation.
- Can work and communicate effectively with people of different culture backgrounds.
- SAP R/3, Excel, other IT tools
- Capability to adapt to different levels of management for presentation of figures
- Interaction with Headquarter departments in professional and responsive manner
- Excellent communication skills rounded by a very good level of English in both verbal and writing
- Should be willing to travel to Iraq on a regular basis
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 113026
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time