Siemens Rolling Stock are recruiting for a Production Manager for the Thameslink contract, based out of our Three Bridges Depot. The Production Manager will be responsible for the day to day delivery of the Train Service Agreement to our customer, responsible for planning and resourcing a team of skilled Supervisors and Technicians to ensure the on-time completion of maintenance activities on the class 700 Desiro City rolling stock, additional responsibilities include the management of defects to ensure a robust and reliable operational service is provided.
What are my Responsibilities?
Production Management/Fleet Planning
- Plan and manage all resources including people, plant, material, tools and third-party services to meet the operational requirements
- Develop and execute production plan to meet business targets, keeping deferred work to a minimum
- Ensure all maintenance activity is undertaken in accordance with the relevant maintenance instruction and Group Standards.
- Ensure optimum shift coverage minimising downtime, complaints or delay to our customers
- Ensure any extraordinary circumstances or any complex work is built into the plan
Continuous Improvement & Quality
- Actively encourage identification of continuous improvement activities and implement any with significant cost and labour savings
- Actively manage production related projects in area of expertise
- Carry out audits in accordance with the audit plan and implement any recommendations made within the agreed timescale.
- Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Develop good relationships with customers by ensuring consistent delivery of targets and escalations are dealt with promptly
- Understand customer requirements to ensure plans are kept up to date and relationships maintained.
Finance and Commercial
- Manage day to day operations in line with agreed KPIs
- Ensure short-range budget objectives are met and identify criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success
- Demonstrate competence in all the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens
Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (PMP/4 Success objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.)
- Proactively progress any absence reviews or formal absence meetings in accordance with the Sickness Absence policy.
- Progress any grade reviews from staff dialogues or arising in a timely manner, tracking progress.
- Develop plans and implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Management or supervisory experience in a technical position
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock maintenance procedures/practices
- Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organization/planning skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment legislation/procedures.
- Basic understanding of project management principles.
- Contract/Commercial knowledge.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 113047
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time