Location: Villingen-Schwenningen, Munich or Karlsruhe
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Department: Automotive Business Unit
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
At Mentor, a Siemens Business, we are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision and team of innovative hardware and software developers who are passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions for driver information and ADAS solutions. We specialize in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the areas of audio, video and networking.
Join our team in the Automotive Business Unit as a “Software Architect (m/f/d) – Embedded Systems“ in Villingen-Schwenningen, Munich or Karlsruhe
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Definition of complex architectures for embedded software systems according to customer requirements and Mentor Graphics platform definitions
- Support of requirements analysis, breakdown and coordination with the customer
- Definition and planning of work packages for the software project team
- Consulting of customers with regard to embedded systems for automotive applications
- Development and documentation of software architectures for automotive devices
- Support of system integration, testing and failure/performance analysis
- Training of Mentor technical employees with regard to new technologies
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer/software engineering or related discipline
- Experience in embedded software architecture and system deployment for complex multiprocessor systems
- Experience in concept definition of software ideally for automotive applications
- Experience in architecture definition and management software
- Knowledge of Linux, Android and QNX OS
- Knowledge of development processes for embedded hardware and software design
- Very strong communication, presentation and social skills
- Strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. PLM software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Felix Held, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 113085
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Development (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time