Location: Villingen-Schwenningen or Munich
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Department: Automotive Business Unit
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
At Mentor, a Siemens Business, we are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision and team of innovative hardware and software developers who are passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions for driver information and ADAS solutions. We specialize in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the areas of audio, video and networking.
Join our team in the Automotive Business Unit as a “Software Engineering Manager (m/f/d) – System Infrastructure“ in Villingen-Schwenningen or Munich
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Leading the system infrastructure software engineering team (10-15 developers) within the automotive business unit
- Ensure that worldwide projects within the software engineering team are developed in time, in budget and according to given quality standards
- Close cooperation with the management team to ensure that development resource planning and assignment meets the project requirements and timelines
- Participation in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people
- Participation in the accounting and quotation process in close cooperation with the business lines and sales organization
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer/software engineering, electronics or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable position in embedded systems, ideally automotive software
- Strong background in the design and development of system infrastructure components for Linux and/or Android OS in the domain of infotainment or digital cluster
- Very good technical background in embedded system software development
- Experience in embedded architecture and system definition of complex multiprocessor systems
- Strong knowledge of newest project management methodologies
- Strong communication, presentation and social skills
- Strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English and German
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. PLM software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Felix Held, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 113093
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Development (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time