Simcenter Prescan Application Support Engineer
PreScan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of active safety and Highly Automated Driving systems. PreScan offers high-fidelity physics based simulation models of all sensors relevant for automated driving (such as camera, radar, lidar, infrared, ultrasone and DSRC). As a result of our success we are looking for an Application Support Engineer. We are looking for a motivated candidate who can support our customers in the usage of our software products and represent the customer product usage. With our strong customer orientation this position is of key importance for our future strategy.
· Answer support questions, either directly to the customer or through the first-line support engineers in our local offices.
· Identify, analyze, and document all defects (software bugs) and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with desired functionality and specifications.
· Evaluate & respond to product and application defects reported by customers.
· Document and validate resolution of identified defects.
· Perform PreScan training in-house or off-site.
· Understand and communicate the market needs and requests (acting as an interface between the customer and Product Manager/ Engineers / Software Developers/ Sales Manager).
· Promote the company tool chain.
· Escalate risks to management with mitigation activities, where possible.
Required Background & Education:
· Education level: Bachelor or Master Degree, preferably a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering degree or similar.
· Knowledge and experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
· Knowledge and experience in active as well as passive safety are a plus.
· Knowledge and working experience with issue management is a plus.
· Knowledge and experience in system engineering is a plus.
· Working experience in the automotive market is a plus.
· Knowledge and experience in C++ is a plus.
· An adequate level of verbal and written English. Others languages are a plus.
· Valid driving license.
We are looking for a strong team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, inspiring, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems.
Job ID: 113103
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time