Apprenticeships are a practical way to kick-start an exciting career
Almost 8 billion people live on the earth today, a number that will swell to 11 billion by the end of the century. Addressing the demands of a growing and ever more demanding population, while mitigating the impact on the earth, is at the heart of what Siemens does. Making a difference to the flow of energy and the places where we work and live. Together we are part of shaping an-all electric world and creating perfect places.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure comprises intelligent energy supply and building technology, with Siemens’ deep domain expertise in these two environments and digitalization as the foundation.
Based in our Digital Grid business within Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we create environments that care. This helps our customers thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
You will be working in the Service Management team helping to actively engage and build a relationship with the business whilst we continue on our digitalisation journey. During this, as part of your learning, you will gain an understanding of how to blend the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL 4) with Lean Six-Sigma and Agile methodologies.
You will start in an IT Co-ordinator type role learning how IT works in our business and assisiting users across the business with accessing IT based services. You will then go on to look for improvements across these services and, eventually, assist with montioring and reporting IT KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and helping with improvements to existing SLA (Service Level Agreement) documentation.
What will I be working on throughout my apprenticeship?
- Manage all service communications with business via our internal social network or E-mail
- Build our “Information Systems (IS) brand”
- Create & manage IS business surveys
- Analyse survey results & manage improvement plans
- Business reporting
- Create & maintain our new Sharepoint site
- Full end-to-end management of complaints which includes tracking and reporting
- Managing improvement plans
- Escalating & engaging with IS technical teams to resolve issues
- Focus on our external software provider relationship
- Business Up-skilling:
- Be the focal point of IS for any signposting queries
- Create & maintain user friendly quick help IT guides for the business
- Advertising IT services available using various platforms
- Creating user friendly ITIL 4 aligned key processes documentation incl. Agile / Lean Six-Sigma
- Create & maintain our service catalogue
- Update & maintain our escalation matrix incl. communicating to business
Information Systems Key Performance Indicators:
- Assist with monitoring UK based service KPIs against service level agreements
- Identify trends
- Investigate anomalies to escalate to IS Service Manager / IS Incident & Problem Analyst
What qualifications will I be gaining throughout the apprenticeship?
You will be studying towards the following qualifications throughout your apprenticeship:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library v4
- Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt level which is an internally run course
Here’s what it takes to join some of the worlds brightest minds:
- You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A-Levels or BTEC equivalent.
- You will be able to take full ownership of tasks (once trained & with ongoing guidance)
- You will have fantastic communication & engagement skills i.e. willing to conduct presentations (with support) and speak to members of staff at all levels
- You will have analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time management
- You will have art / Design or web-based design skills (coding not necessary but possessing a naturally creative side)
- Microsoft Powerpoint or Sharepoint skills (bonus if have but not required as full training can be given)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 113118
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time