Managed Pathology Solutions (MPS) Operations Manager, Laboratory Diagnostics
HOME / FIELD BASED ROLE GB&I
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees.
It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our dedicated team as a “Managed Pathology Solutions (MPS) Operations Manager” working within our Laboratory Diagnostics business area ensuring the effective execution and on-going management of MPS contracts throughout GB & I.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Overall, this position is critical in assuring customers that Siemens Healthineers delivers superior value to that of its competitors clinically, operationally and financially through our support, execution and focus on customer needs;
- Your role will encompass, but is not limited to, the delivery of all solution(s) and / or service(s) within MPS contracts and will ensure that customers utilise such to maximum effect to help transform their businesses;
- You will work alongside new customers to embed effective contract governance and performance monitoring processes to ensure that Siemens Healthineers is delivering against its contractual commitments;
- Internally, you will support our Key Account Managers and Partnership Managers, and other related teams to drive effective contract performance, thereby positively impacting overall operational costs and profitability;
- You will play a pivotal role in driving value added elements such that Siemens Healthineers is viewed as a trusted and innovative partner by its customers and as such, that Siemens Healthineers are in a position to recommend business optimising measures for our customers that may also allow for the expansion of our business in such MPS contracts; and
- Within this role, you will develop such interactions and relationships that we do not have to deal with hostage personnel within our customer base, and further ensure a clear roadmap to customer satisfaction is created and delivered for each MPS contract.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at :https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/about
Your qualifications and experience:
- Experience of successfully managing operational contracts relating to projects or service-based operations preferably within a medical equipment or hospital environment;
- Good commercial, financial and contractual awareness, with a proactive approach to delivery and management of diagnostic services;
- Proven experience in the delivery, on-boarding and performance management of diagnostic equipment and services;
- First-hand experience of working in the changing NHS environment, including quality elements such as UKAS and ISO standards, NHSI and the drive to networks and collaborations, and efficiencies through patient pathways, service continuity and cost management;
- Understanding and experience of Laboratory workflow, LEAN and waste reduction methodologies within laboratories; and
- Demonstrable team management skills and people development.
Your personality and skills:
- You will have a functional, operational background within the laboratory or clinical diagnostics arena and with a proven experience of delivering to contractual obligations, service level agreements, and performance targets;
- You should be able to demonstrates knowledge of both Siemens and Third Party Supplier product portfolios;
- You should have good administration and operational management skills with a demonstrable attention to detail;
- You will frequently use software programmes including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word, as well as the CRM and financial tools;
- You will understand project and / or programme management, finance analysis, performance management and reporting, LEAN models and execution of services;
- It is essential that you demonstrate excellent communication skills and have the ability to deal with customers and colleagues at all levels;
- You must be able to plan, organise, prioritise and delegate as appropriate;
- You should have the ability to influence and coordinate x-functional teams that are not directly under your authority;
- You will have strong presentation and negotiation skills; and
- You will have proven motivational and leadership skills, effective matrix management skills, a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and be able to maintain a professional manner at all times.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 113224
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time