Job Title: Specialist Welder
Grip Title: Floor Assembly Technician - Welding/Soldering
About the role
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead):
- Set up components for welding according to specifications and manufacture the required jigs where necessary.
- Perform ASME Pressure Vessel, Piping, Welding to B31.3 Criteria
- Perform welding in accordance with ASME IX and ISO 15614-1/-7 requirements.
- Perform X-Ray Quality Welds on pressurized equipment (vessels), turbo-compressor components (impellers), turbine parts (disks, diaphragms blade shrouding) other materials assigned.
- Operate trade specific machinery.
- Lay out, position, align, and clamp devices to secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Perform Heat treatment as per Engineering instructions
- Select the correct welding consumables for the job as per WPS.
- Interpret job planning files and drawings as required for performing the welding task at hand to ensure a sound weld.
- Inspects and document product compliance.
- Maintain accurate welding records of work performed.
- Communicate status of jobs to the welding supervisor.
- Working knowledge of capacities of equipment.
- Maintains time records accurately
- Maintain welding equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces to determine whether it is defect free.
- Ensure that the correct PPE is always worn and available for performing the job.
- Inform supervision when there are safety or quality violations.
What do I need to qualify?
- Must have a valid Welding trade Certificate from a recognized training institute.
- 4 years minimum welding experience following the initial trade test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transport.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
Job ID: 113463
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time