Siemens Industry Software has an opportunity for a talented payroll professional to join us as Italian Payroll Specialist, responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and effective delivery of monthly payroll through 3rd party vendor in an outsource arrangement.
This position is located in Milan Italy and will be reporting to the International Payroll Manager based in Ireland; may focus in the future on payroll delivery for a number of countries in the region, and specific responsibilities include:
• Handle the daily activities necessary to deliver payroll through in-country service providers.
• Ensure HR data is provided in a timely accurate manner to the various in-country service providers for assigned countries
• Review preliminary payroll calculations from Payroll Vendor and advice of changes, provision of final approval for each payroll
• Ensure accurate, timely delivery of payroll funds into employee accounts as well as depositing income and social taxes, benefit plan obligations and other deductions as required
• Liaison with local Finance to provide accurate cash funding requirements and appropriate documentation/authorization required for banking arrangements such as direct debit’s, and provide accurate monthly cash forecasting data.
• Ensure timely receipt and delivery of general ledger data as it pertains to payroll, assisting with account reconciliations for Payroll related GL Accounts
• Ensure compliance with all internal controls
• Handle employee inquiries in a timely professional manner in liaison with in country service provider
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate supporting documentation
• Establish good working relationships
• Participate in change management activities as necessary, including development and delivery of change communications.
• Compile/maintain metrics, participate in selected industry benchmarking initiatives
• Advise on the effectiveness of payroll services and recommend changes to processes or contractual obligations
• Keep current of regulatory changes impacting payroll services
• Minimum Bachelors degree in business, finance or closely related discipline
• Minimum 5 years payroll experience in a fast paced environment preferably multinational
• Deadline-oriented, very good time management skills.
• Strong customer service skills and quality focused.
• Team-oriented and able to establish strong and effective working relationships
• Proven knowledge of payroll-related tax/legislative processes
• Experience with SAP HR / Workday desired
• Experience in project management – ERP implementation
• Knowledge of HR / payroll business processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluency in Italian and English required – additional European languages an advantage.
Job ID: 113487
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time