Depending on size of site/location: One Local EHS Manager is responsible for one or several sites/locations or several Local EHS Managers are responsible for one site/location. A site/location represents one or more divisions.
- Supports the implementation, actively monitors, controls and reports as required
- Acts as single point of contact for external and internal audits for coordination
- Controls, if all relevant local units are "under the umbrella" of a management system
- Advises on EHS functional topic areas (all relevant EHS topic areas of EHS principles)
- Assesses the effectiveness of operational control and risk mitigation
- Drives EHS-related programs and initivatives.
Leadership & Qualification
- Guides, leads local EHS experts
- Agrees & commits to targets with local experts, and monitors target achievements
- Identifies development and training needs, and ensures that required measures are taken
- Supports and advises the experts in their task fulfilment.
Partner management & collaboration
- Establishes reliable cooperation agreements with all relevant partners, internal and external to improve EHS performance
- Encourages employees, employee representatives to contribute to, and engage in EHS
- Gathers feedback from relevant partners, and takes actions to secure their satisfaction with EHS
- Contributes to wider EHS community to increase EHS proficiency.
- Determines, plans, initiates and coordinates continuous improvement activities with regard to the EHS managment system and internal and external requirements
- Ensures that CAPAs (corrective and preventive actions) are executed.
Reporting + Communication + Best practice knowledge
- Reports to responsible person (Who? LDB)
- Reports to EHS Officer, business, external authorities, if required or on demand
- Ensures data quality (SESIS, HS Reporting and relevant local data, systainability report) and timeline/due dates
- Provides broad communication EHS/EHS material and measures for inclusion in team briefing and communcations in alignment with business and EHS Officer
- Ensures promotion of best practices and shares lessons learned across location.
- Consults location management regarding interpretation of legal and Siemens internal requirements (e.g. Zero Harm)
- Acts as interface to different business managers at Siemens
- Consults location management in execution of local EHS initiatives
- Coordinates EHS aspects between different business needs on local management level.
- ambition of EHS targets and quality of outcome; management of non-conformities;
- progress of EHS mindset, awareness, and cultures; maturity of management system