Siemens Healthineers is recruiting for a PET Chemist to assist production and QC testing of radiopharmaceuticals. The role will involve operation of the clean room and associated devices and routine QC testing, environmental monitoring and operation of the associated devices at our cyclotron facility on the Nottingham City Hospital campus.
The role will help to ensure that the requirements of radiopharmaceutical production, Radiation Compliance, Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and licensing commitments are met.
Part of the Siemens Healthineers, PETNET is at the forefront of radiopharmaceuticals and molecular imaging. We work with some of the world leading research organisations, pioneering new biomarkers and changing nuclear medicine for physicians and patients. With over 50 radiopharmaceutical distribution centres across the world, we are one of the largest PET (Positron Emission Tomography) biomarker producers globally. We are committed to developing innovative PET tracer technologies, thus helping to expand and advance the science of molecular imaging. Our UK sites are growing all the time, attracting expert technicians and scientists from across the industry.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Assist the Head of QC to ensure that production and QC activities are performed to the PETNET Quality System in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform QC testing and carry out environmental monitoring according to schedule.
- Assist Head of Production by performing production of radiopharmaceuticals within cleanrooms to cGMP.
- Maintain/trend QC equipment.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of clean room and associated devices
- Assist in the periodic review of PETNET standard operating procedures and writing of new procedures as required.
- Work to a shift pattern for manufacturing according to customer demands and business needs including weekends.
- Assist in facility preparation for MHRA and EA inspections where required.
- Ensure adequate stock levels of consumables are maintained.
- Shipment of dangerous goods according to ADR regulations.
- Ensure ongoing continuous professional development to achieve full awareness and technical knowledge of all current legislation and scientific development associated with PET radiopharmaceuticals and their production.
- Report KPI data to the Facility Manager.
- Report monthly customer doses/missed doses/credits to accounts for monthly billing.
- Work with other PETNET staff to ensure alignment of operational processes and back up capabilities across all PETNET sites.
- Operation of our cyclotron particle accelerator.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
The ideal candidate would have PET radiopharmaceutical production and/or testing experience. Otherwise experience in one of the following would be highly desirable:
- Analytical chemistry methods in a cGMP environment, possibly in the pharmaceutical sector or clean room experience working to cGMP.
- A science degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Radiochemistry would also be beneficial although not essential.
The successful candidate would be required to work in accordance with a shift pattern which involves routine night and weekend working.
In return we offer comprehensive training, a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days holiday and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle, options include: pension scheme, private medical and dental insurance, childcare vouchers and many more.
Information on shifts:
10pm to 6am
5am to 1pm
6am to 2pm
15% shift allowance is paid on top of basic salary
1+1/3 Week days
15% Shift Allowance paid on top of base for all candidates in addition to the above and generous company bonus scheme
Job ID: 113592
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time