Strategic Buyer - Indirect Services & Goods
How do you shape the future through Supply Chain? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow –the talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Siemens Ltd – Supply Chain Management
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You will handle the procurement & contract management of tools, PPE, OFS, Material Handling and packing requirements of Siemens Lead Country India.
- You will be responsible for qualifying our suppliers, sourcing, bid conditioning and negotiating for the best price, best delivery, best quality according to the project requirement.
- You will effectively negotiate with vendors to improve pricing and commercial terms at the project tendering and execution phases
- You will analyze material cost breakdowns and check their competitiveness with strategic sourcing experience
- You will handle advance negotiation concept including e-auction, e- bidding, parallel negotiation and other effective procurement methodology
- You will work closely with export and import and Taxation teams for import & tax related documentation
- You will collaborate with partners on cost optimization and productivity improvement projects.
- You will align with Global Commodity Manager towards implementation of Global projects for Siemens in India
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Management – Specialization in Services & Goods Procurement domain and a Post Graduation degree or diploma would be an added advantage.
- You have 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in a Professional Service Procurement environment. Preferably with Topics like Tools, PPE, Material Handling & Storage, OFS,Packing etc.
- You have experience in implementing and usage of “e-Buy or e-Catalogue” or any “e-sourcing” Tool.
- You have experience in Project Management with partners, customers and vendors in a complex and dynamic project environment
- You are analytical and can break down material cost and assess their accuracy on highly technical engineered products and Services
- You possess deep knowledge in Strategic supplier management concept (e.g Supplier qualification, evaluation and development, early involvement of procurement)
- You understand the concepts of Total cost of Ownership and Financial evaluation knowledge
- You have deep understanding of commercial terms and conditions and possess hands on effective Contract writing experience and negotiation skills
- Experience on Material Module of SAP will be an advantage
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) in English language and ability to liaise, coordinate well with colleagues and internal/external Vendors
- You are proficient in analysing commodity demand, spending profile and trends
- You understand market trends and business plans and are able to execute planned strategies effectively
- You are self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in group setting as a great teammate.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Kalwa, Thane where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 113597
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time