Contract and Claim Manager - Ireland
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics (SPPAL) is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling.
Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio.
The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Change the future with us.
As the Contract and Claim Manager you will be responsible for analysing contracts by identifying formal requirements, claim potential as well as risk and will coordinate with other internal functions. Key to your role will be to support the project management and procurement in contract related matters and play a vital role in ensuring adherence to the contract terms throughout the project execution.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to contract workshops and to the development and implementation of strategies for risk and opportunity management;
- Ensuring the structured documentation of contract deviations, amendments and changes;
- Preparing and producing fully detailed and substantiated claims, e.g. for extension of time and associated costs, as well as safeguard the company from incoming claims and participate in claim related negotiations and disputes;
- Closely collaborating with other functional departments and align with the responsible legal counsel on legal matters.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You will have a complete law qualification or technical qualification and have gained long standing expert knowledge in the above-mentioned area of responsibility with a strong focus on contract related activities.
- Experience with NEC contracts is essential.
- Experience within an international project business
- Experience in preparation and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts.
- Integral knowledge of sales, projects and commercial issues would be advantageous.
- As a skilled negotiator with strong assertiveness and persuasion skills, you will be able to think through situations from an abstract conceptual perspective.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 113724
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time