Associate Technical Leader
Location: Pune, India
Department: Gas and Power
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To create and modify engineering drawings, 3-D models using NX 8.5 and Teamcenter 10.0 to support order execution for Steam Turbine components, valves & assemblies in compliance to Dresser-Rand (D-R) / Siemens standards and practices. Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
- Component Design: Carry out 3-D modeling and manufacturing drawings of components / assemblies for different Dresser-Rand/Siemens products;
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R/Siemens products.
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period;
- Monitor effective use of available resources; Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects;
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R Global Operations
- To develop & apply advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems
- Engineering Standards: Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes, system engineering & packaging
- Responsible for module design teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation & Technology: Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a practice area
- Project Coordination: Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You received a bachelor’s in engineering (Mechanical) with 10 to 15 years of experience in component design for steam turbine or any other rotating equipment’s
- Proficient in NX 8.5 & Teamcenter 10.0; Interpret and apply Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experienced in managing/coordinating projects remotely in a globally distributed setup
- Experience with development/ R&D projects like cost reduction required
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
- Proven work experience as a technical leader/tech specialist
- Should possess problem solving and critical thinking skill
- Provide guidance or train support and/or professional staff
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 114052
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time