Engineer – Product Design (Reciprocating Compressor)
Location: Pune, India
Department: Power and Gas (PG-DR)
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To create and modify engineering drawings, 3-D models using NX 11 and Teamcenter 11.0 to support drawing conversion, revision of drawings for Reciprocating Compressor components & assemblies in compliance to Dresser-Rand (D-R) / Siemens standards and practices
To provide back-office engineering support for engineering, drafting and document control activities for different D-R/Siemens operations globally
- Carry out 3-D modeling and manufacturing drawings of components / assemblies for different Dresser-Rand/Siemens products;
- Convert old 2-D drawings to 3-D models using advance drafting software;
- Provide drawing updation and revision control;
- Follow D-R engineering and drafting standard practices;
- Migrate original English revision drawings into NX as per latest drafting practices.
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R products.
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period;
- Monitor effective use of available resources;
- Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects;
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R Global Operations
- Exposure to work with/in diverge cross cultural/disciplinary teams
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You received a bachelor’s in engineering (Mechanical) up to 5 years of experience in relevant area.
- Hands on experience on NX 8.5 or 11 & working knowledge of Teamcenter 11.0; Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experienced in managing/coordinating projects remotely in a globally distributed setup
- Hands on experience on Reciprocating compressor components like Frame, Crankshaft, Connecting Rod, Crosshead, Cylinder, Piston will be preferred
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have expertise working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint) and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 114081
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time