Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with
opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and
professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team in trade Compliance as Head of Global Classification (m/f/diverse) to enhance and optimize the quality of classification in foreign trade in a changing global legal environment.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- As head of the unit, you will have global responsibility for managing and running the classification process at SHC. With the expansion of the role, it is envisaged that you will work in selected ECC key countries in accordance with the relevant legal fields of foreign trade and tariff legislation, as well as in Germany working with your own teams
- Your duties will include being responsible for generating and carrying out projects for the systematic legal assessment of product and system families. This includes strategic integration of classification matters into (cross-border) planning and implementation of new products, systems and/or projects and technologies
- You will develop and manage a "Corporate Memory" at global level for specialist expertise in product classification, and optimize processes, the IT landscape for the classification process, and content coordination worldwide
- Design, select, develop and introduce quality management methods and a performance management system in the international context of product classification with corresponding reporting
- You will set up a team of around 10 people in the newly-created unit and develop it with a continuous change process in order to keep pace with requirements in an international environment
- You will encourage "best practice" sharing and enable international teams to function effectively in response to global procedural and operational issues in classification
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have completed a (Masters) degree in a technical or business administration field
- You have an excellent, sound understanding of the tasks, roles and responsibilities regarding ECC and mutual dependencies - taking into account all relevant SHS stakeholders
- We would also like to hear from you if you already have very sound and extensive professional experience and further qualifications in this area, but do not have a degree
- You have a very good and extensive knowledge of foreign trade and customs law regulations (particularly for EU, USA, GER) or the ability to grasp them quickly and implement them in international structures
- You have an excellent understanding of end-to-end SHS PLM and SCM processes
- You have extensive experience in managing employees and leading virtual global teams
- You have broad-based international and cross-cultural experience
Your attributes and skills:
- You are a highly skilled manager and project manager
- You are highly skilled in developing and managing global organizations and international teams
- You are familiar with trends in Siemens Healthineers technology and are enthusiastic about them
- You are able to make decisions and have a "can do" attitude
- Your profile is rounded off by business-fluent German and English, the ability to work under pressure, analytical skills, communication skills, a talent for organization and a strong focus on quality
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click to get started.
Job ID: 114145
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time