Job ID: System Engineer
Organization: Siemens limited
Mode of employment: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
The System Engineer’s primary responsibility is for the technical achievement of the project goals. The System Engineer is accountable to the Team Lead and Project Manager.
· Provide support in system installation.
· Travel to remote sites for support.
· Proactive approach in resolving any issue related to OS and Hardware.
· Escalates Risks, Issues and Changes to the Project Team Lead and Project Manager
· Resolves technical disputes and makes tradeoffs
HARDWARE and Networking knowledge
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science / ECE/ Electrical Engineering/ IT
- Red Hat Certified Engineer is Mandatory
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- RH Linux OS knowledge
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Two to Four years system administration experience.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends
- Take ownership at site & coordination with customer in daily basis
Job ID: 114151
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time