Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team in trade Compliance as Global Senior Classification Expert (m/f/diverse) to enhance the quality of international classification in foreign trade in a changing global legal environment.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be the relevant contact person at Healthineers to answer challenging legal questions for the ECC units from the international environment dealing with goods-related assessment in accordance with foreign trade and customs law
- Working with international experts, you will design technical legal solutions to simplify/automate the process of translating existing classification decisions in Germany/US into other legal systems/countries
- You will also be the expert for assessing goods-related operations and transactions in embargo countries. You will assess pending operations in accordance with the relevant EU/US sanctions
- Strategic integration of classification matters into (cross-border) planning and implementation of new products, systems and/or projects. Coordination of international teams to respond to strategic global issues in classification, response to complex cases
- For complex classification procedures (hardware, software, technology) from in-house production, you will analyze features on the basis of technical (e.g. physical, chemical, mechanical or combinations) and/or commercial (e.g. price/costs, origin, costing) and classify them taking into account the legal requirements of foreign trade and customs law
- Proven and accepted specialist and expert in technical legal matters with decision-making competence for complex issues with regard to internal and external offices
- Design and implementation of technical legal training will round out your duties
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a (Masters) degree from a technical university and extensive professional experience
- You have excellent and extensive knowledge of foreign trade and customs law regulations (particularly for EU, USA, GER)
- We would also like to hear from you if you already have very sound and extensive professional experience and further qualifications in this area, but do not have a degree.
- You have international and cross-cultural experience in projects for which you take responsibility
Your attributes and skills:
- You have an affinity for defining, developing and managing global organizations, international teams
- You have the ability to grasp complex new problems and develop potential solutions
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with fast, pragmatic solutions
- You are able to make decisions and have a "can do" attitude
- As part of your line management of employees and team work you demonstrate communication skills and enthusiasm
- You are business-fluent in German and English.
- You have an excellent understanding of end-to-end SHS PLM/SCM processes
- You have an excellent understanding of SAP-related processes
- You are willing to travel on occasional business trips. These will amount to around 5-10% of your time and are generally planned
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click to get started.
Job ID: 114163
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time