The future of the UK’s Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Driving forward digitalization
Digitalization is changing our economy and our society. Siemens Smart Infrastructure, Digital Grid will lead the global direction and delivery of specialist engineering solutions, that include foundations which focus on digital integration.
To find out more about this business segment please look here-
Come and have a look at what it’s like to work at Siemens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
We have exciting roles available which will be at the forefront of what digitalisation means for Siemens by developing new applications for our customers focusing on digital integration. You will join a team that will work across Siemens divisions and vertical markets where you will pilot a novel approach to rapidly and collaboratively develop new digital solutions. Working within the team and operating at the edge of both Siemens latest product roll-out, and the overall strategic direction towards digitalisation.
There is no guidebook, however training will be provided based on your needs as a means to build knowledge and fill gaps; product, software development, infrastructure architecture and data analytics capability. This will be an evolving role which will sit across Siemens divisions and our vertical markets. Flexibility and ability to rapidly understand the dynamics of a new market and set of relationships is a key trait that we are looking for.
Ideally you will be based at our Monkton Site and there will be a need for you to visit and work at customer sites from time to time.
As our Digital Integration Engineer, what part will you play?
- Scoping projects: Working with the customer and Siemens sales and engineering development teams to explore and define project opportunities. Developing project propositions (including scope, resources, time frame and benefits) and consortium building (as needed). See through to project initiation.
- Project management: To balance a portfolio of project tasks against target delivery criteria. Responsible for project management support, from initiation to implementation. Provision of project reporting and to support the project technical lead and the business sponsor.
- Solution development: Directly developing appropriate content in projects, based on the capability of the jobholder and the needs of the project. This could include agile development, algorithm design and development, integration of energy management systems, forecasting platforms such as weather and energy trading markets, dashboard development to create clear visualisation tools and user interfaces and integration with other required software products.
- Product and Company ambassador: Represent the company at internal and external events that will promote and reveal the benefits of the Siemens digital portfolio. This includes support, teaching and demonstration for engineers, customers and students; active participation in Hackathons and other idea contests that enables an introduction to Siemens technology for potential customers and recruit talent.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You will have experience in an engineering discipline (electrical/ mechanical) or computer science
- Working knowledge of a software language (ideally Java, Ruby or Cloud Foundry)
- Advantageous although not essential is Project Management experience with particular focus on Agile development methodologies, awareness of the energy sector and sustainability and experience in Analytics methods
We are Siemens Smart Infrastructure; A collection of great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of clean, affordable energy. Our goal is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of energy across multiple vectors. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the strongest flames and brightest sparks onboard to be able to support us on this journey to create environments that care.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus too. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Smart Infrastructure recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants, in particular where part-time working is required.
Job ID: 114187
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either