- In your new role as a “Senior Functional Safety Engineer (f/m/d)” you will define safety goals and requirements for sensors and other equipment that are used for perception in autonomous driving vehicles.
- You will guide the development of safety-relevant components and software up to ASIL D.
- Furthermore, you will tailor processes to be compliant with applicable functional safety standards.
- You will test and supervise software and its integration into a software platform.
- In addition, you will implement specifications and documentation of software.
- At least you support R&D and engineering organization with deep knowledge and experience in Functional safety and relevant Directives and Standards.
- Delivering presentations to stakeholders will be another element of your role.
- You have completed a Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline.
- Furthermore, you have 5+ years of safety engineering experience preferably in the automotive domain.
- You have experience and knowledge in the area of sensors used for perception in autonomous driving.
- You have strong analysis, design and problem-solving skills, along with a strong sense for strategy in fast changing markets.
- In addition, you have excellent knowledge and experience with ISO 26262 and related standards in e.g. rail, industry or avionics domain and good understanding of trends in autonomous driving standardization such as SOTIF.
- You have a good understanding of cyber security challenges and good knowledge in testing and simulation of self-driving vehicles
- You are a strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in German and English.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
Job ID: 114212
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time