- You will perform system level verification and validation in a virtual development and validation framework.
- You will integrate required models, software, and hardware into the XiL (X-in-the-Loop) environment, to perform virtual tests of subsystems such as autonomous vehicles or intelligent infrastructure services under consideration of relevant safety aspects. You will create virtual road networks and traffic scenarios utilizing TASS International’s Prescan Virtual Test Drive software.
- You will identify new opportunities within the calibration and validation communities to utilize simulation, in order to quickly develop and validate ADAS/AV control systems with less reliance on physical test properties.
- You will identify XiL system limitations and stay abreast of new technology to enhance capabilities.
- You will work with sensor data fusion, embedded, traffic simulation and sensor teams to establish and review testing methodologies and work products to ensure safety compliance.
- You will use statistical analysis methods to determine system failure rates within acceptable confidence levels.
- You will help to define and execute systems certifications in a safety critical environment.
- Delivering presentations to stakeholders will be another element of your role.
- You hold a master’s degree in information technology, mathematics, physics or engineering and ideally hold a PhD degree.
- You have several years of experience with ADAS/autonomous simulation, including virtual environment and sensor modeling software - such as Prescan, HEEDS, VIRES Virtual Test Drive (VTD), CARLA, Carmaker, SCANeR, rFactor, CarSim, Forum8, or Mathworks Automated Driving System Toolbox.
- Good control of OO design and implementation using C++, MATLAB/Simulink and Robot Operating System (ROS), networking, databases, data management, software version control, high performance computing and network license servers.
- Active safety or autonomous control system software development or calibration experience.
- You have experience in system level functional hazard analysis and validation.
- Furthermore, system validation experience according to standards such as: ISO-26262, ISO/PAS 21448 (SOTIF), ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508 is known to you.
- In addition, profound knowledge in administration of databases (relational and non-relational database systems) is desirable.
- You are a strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in German and English.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
Job ID: 114214
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time