Siemens Mobility are recruiting for an Assistant Bid Manager for our Rail Electrification business in Coventry. The Assistant Bid Manager will support the Bid Manager in dealing with all aspects of a bid from bid/no-bid meeting to contract hand-over or de-brief or taking direct responsibility for less complex or lower value bids.
What are my Responsibilities?
Assists the Bid Manager to deliver (or is directly responsible on less complex bids for delivering) the following,
- Responsibility for the planning, management and control of all bid activities and for ensuring the creation and maintenance of the Bid File
- Deliver all aspects of the tender process, including information, presentation, accuracy and submittal of formal bid and prequalification responses to maximise success
- Responsible for developing good customer relationships
- Adhere to PM@Siemens bid management related milestones and quality gates
- Responsible for obtaining and using information that would enhance Siemens competitive position
- Preparation of all Commercial/Technical/Financial/Risk and other information in preparation of Tender Vet
- Identifying and advising the management team of any commercial, financial or technical risk for bids or bid opportunities
- Client presentations, trials and testing at either pre or post qualification stages
- Submission of bid to Customer within specified timescale
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values
What Knowledge & Experience do I need?
- Background of working in a project-driven business, ideally within the rail or other construction / infrastructure businesses.
- Ideally previous experience of bidding, preferably within the rail industry
- Ideally previous experience within a commercial and a technical environment
- Good presentation, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to produce convincing and well written bid responses.
- The role holder will have the ability to influence, negotiate and have management skills
- Proficient in all main Microsoft packages
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 114220
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time