Coordination, execution and supervision of preventive and corrective maintenance activities of Depot/Workshop equipment. Support OCC in the event of faults and failures during depot operations
The Mission :
- DWE Shift Supervisor shall organize resources to and
carry out all aspects of maintenance activities for Rolling Stock equipment:
- Plan and execute preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance of all DWE equipment in accordance with relevant regulations, good industry practices and international benchmark.
- Work as a technical expert within the Depot/Workshop service
- Analyze disruptions in DWE equipment and accordingly plan & execute preventive measures.
- Coordinate activities with the RST team
What are my responsibilities :
- Planning, execution and supervision of preventive and
corrective maintenance work of a team of up to 5 technicians and workers on
Metro Riyadh DWE equipment which includes the following i.a.:
- Underfloor wheel lathes
- Lifting plants
- Washing plants
- Painting plants
- 750 VDC stinger systems
- Sanding Systems
- Test facilities
- Machines for different processing
- Storage facilities
- Maintenance vehicles
- Management of daily routine shift work according to work schedule and periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, six monthly & yearly) inspection plans to keep the depot assets fully serviceable and in a state of good repair.
- Definition and adaption of work priorities for the maintenance team, depending on manpower and material availability, operational demands, predefined maintenance plans and unforeseen issues.
- Coordination (and request approval, if necessary) of planned and unplanned maintenance activities which could have an impact to other stakeholders as operation control or other maintenance sections
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are performed under the supervision of the Engineer on Duty and in conformance with existing technical and operational instructions, maintenance manuals and good industry practice.
- Personal supervision and guidance of subordinates where/when appropriate (special tasks, difficult fault investigation and repairs, etc.)
- Instruct staff regarding the correct methods of maintenance with special reference to safety precautions and use of PPE
- Timely and sufficiently detailed reporting of all shift activities and deviations by using the provided reporting tools
- Checking availability and providing all necessary tools, materials and documents needed to perform the assigned tasks for the team (work order, up-to-date work instructions, tools, spare parts, etc.)
- Utilisation of CMMS system for
- Creation, assignation and closing of work orders
- Ensuring availability of spare parts, special tools and up-to-date documents
- Shift-, failure- and fleet reporting
- Monitoring and review of maintenance task reports of subordinates
- Assisting DWE maintenance engineer in his tasks, keeping superior officers fully informed of any important development and seek their guidance when required
Safety Critical Competencies :
- Physical fitness class 1
- Good understanding of the safety relevant components of depot assets, workshop infrastructure and potential hazards of high and low voltage electricity as well as measures of hazard prevention (5 safety rules)
- Good command of both the spoken and written English language
HSQE Responsibilities :
- Conducting of the safety tool box meetings
- Immediate reporting of work safety related incidents to engineer on duty
- Responsibility for the work safety of subordinates and the safe conditions of infrastructure, equipment and tools.
- Execution of regular checks of infrastructure, equipment and tools with focus on work safety matters.
- Full responsibility for the work of subordinates within his shift with regards of work quality, quantity and product safety. Personal inspection of completed work prior to handover whenever deemed necessary regarding safety critical aspects.
- To be aware of the development and implementation of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements, to ensure that these are implemented within their area of responsibility;
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution, and those of their staff (including subcontractors) in achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System and Competence Management System requirements, control measures and legal requirements by contributing to environmental impacts and aspects assessents, job safety analysis, information security risk assessments and competence assessments within their area of responsibility. Ensure that the results of such assessments are communicated to those affected. Ensure that staff understand them and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions and promote the same within their area of responsibility
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced within their departments and among subcontractors and third parties working under his area of responsibility
- Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers, subcontractors and third parties working under his area of responsibility
- Lead by example and ensure that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste are identified within their area of responsibility
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Has a certificate or diploma in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical and minimum three years of work experience;
- Has experience of working in projects, preferably in public transportation business for DWE (preferred are candidates with experience in metro railway rolling stock operation and maintenance organisation);
- Has a good command of both the spoken and written English language;
- Has good computer skills (MS office); experience with a CMMS system is an added advantage;
- Has the ability to read and understand technical manuals, mechanical and electrical diagrams;
- Has the ability to train staff on technical issues;
- Has the ability to perform trouble shooting in sequence manner
- Has a good understanding of HSE requirements and fully supports SIEMENS Zero Harm policy. Experience of work safety regulations while working in metro rail depots is an added advantage.
- Has a good knowledge in tools and equipment.
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply ?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 114293
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time