Application Engineer - Simcenter Amesim
Simcenter Amesim is a 1D system simulation platform for modeling, analyzing and predicting intelligent multi-domain systems. Each component of a model uses an analytical representation of its physical behavior (hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical or mechanical) and can be combined together with other components to simulate complex mechatronic engineering systems.
As part of our continued growth we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join the Simcenter Customer Support organization and provide expert technical advice in all aspects of Systems simulation to our clients using Simcenter Amesim and our other System Simulation tools.
The role will be based in Wrocław, Poland with an aim to support our customers throughout Europe.
This position is an opportunity to work at the forefront of company's innovative usage of digital simulation within industrial and research environments. You will be in charge of supporting our customers across multiple industry sectors such as Aerospace, Automotive and Energy who are using Simcenter Amesim to model their complex systems.
An Application Engineer is expected to work closely with current and potential customers in order to understand their engineering processes and propose solution methodologies that would help them meet their simulation objectives and create positive business outcomes. General day to day activities include:
- Using proficiently all aspects of the 1D system simulation that address the complexity of smart, automated and electrified products that bring together mechanics, electrics, electronics and controls;
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
- Developing technical education material
- Working on benchmark and validation studies;
- Closely interacting with customers in order to improve the understanding of technical challenges and find solutions to problems impeding execution of customer´s projects;
- Presenting our technology at seminars and conferences;
- Collaborating with globally distributed internal development and application teams.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a client facing role are critical to success in this fast-paced role with a broad engineering reach. If you are creative, can work independently, thrive on taking the initiative and want to be involved in the cutting edge digital simulation technology, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- A good first degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical or Control Engineering
- Understanding of physics and controls of automotive, aerospace and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of Electrical system is highly desirable
- Experience with Simcenter Amesim or other commercial 1D software (Matlab / Simulink, GT Power, Dymola)
- Programming experience with C, Modelica and/or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in German or other European languages is highly desirable
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of other products in the Simcenter portfolio would be an advantage
- A team player enjoying a frictionless communication with all internal and external stakeholders
Job ID: 114299
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time