Application Engineer - Simcenter STAR-CCM+
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ provides industry leading computational fluid dynamics software that allows you to simulate almost any engineering problem that involves the fluids, structures and all of the associated physics. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a complete multiphysics solution for the simulation of products and designs operating under real-world conditions. Uniquely, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ brings automated design exploration and optimization to the simulation toolkit of every engineer, allowing you to efficiently explore the entire design space instead of focusing on single point design scenarios.
As part of our continued growth we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join the Simcenter Customer Support organization and provide expert technical advice in all aspects of engineering analysis to our clients using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ across a wide range of industry sectors.
The role will be based in Wrocław, Poland with an aim to support our customers throughout Europe.
This position is an opportunity to work at the forefront of company´s innovative usage of digital simulation within industrial and research environments. You will be operating in various sectors such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive and Marine, with application areas spanning aero- and hydrodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.
An Application Engineer is expected to work closely with current and potential customers in order to understand their engineering processes and propose solution methodologies that would help them meet their simulation objectives and create positive business outcomes. General day to day activities include:
- Using proficiently all aspects of CFD technology: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes;
- Following and using new modelling techniques and features introduced in STAR-CCM+ releases, finding new application areas and creating new simulation examples;
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
- Developing technical education material
- Working on benchmark and validation studies;
- Closely interacting with customers in order to improve the understanding of technical challenges and find solutions to problems impeding execution of customer´s projects;
- Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve customer´s CAE workflow and results with regards to performance, accuracy and robustness;
- Inspiring and enabling the use of automated design space exploration and optimisation;
- Presenting our technology at seminars and conferences;
- Collaborating with globally distributed internal development and application teams.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a client facing role are critical to success in this fast-paced role with a broad engineering reach. If you are creative, can work independently, thrive on taking the initiative and want to be involved in the cutting edge digital simulation technology, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- A good first degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Science
- MSc / PhD in fluid mechanics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in German or other European languages is highly desirable
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ or other commercial / open source CFD codes
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience with CAD packages (e.g. Siemens NX, CATIA, SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of other products in the Simcenter portfolio would be an advantage
- Experience with FEA, optimisation codes, 1D or 3D simulation tools that can be coupled with CFD solutions
- A team player enjoying a frictionless communication with all internal and external stakeholders
Job ID: 114300
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time