Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
One of three newly-formed Operating Companies, Smart Infrastructure (SI) bundles businesses with distributed energy systems, building technology and electrical infrastructure. SI will play a major role in shaping the city of the future. In this area, Siemens will build particularly on the successful market development of Building Technologies and Energy Management.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a talented Head of Product & System Sales for the Smart Infrastructure (SI) PSS portfolio in the Lead Country Netherlands. This leader will be responsible to ensure the successful implementation of the PSS strategy in the Lead Country and drive the PSS G2M objectives: secure current business and build on growth dynamics, maintain customer proximity, operate lean set-up with clear accountability and leverage common key topics – e.g.: cross-selling, key accounts, verticals.
As the Head of PSS in the Lead Country the Netherlands, you will foster the cross-business unit sales in a coordinating role both within SI and with the other Operating Companies; you will have the direct responsibility for the cross-sales organizations, while the BU-specific sales is driven directly within the BU’s. You will also:
- function in a matrixed organization. While the Country BU’s functionally report to the HQ Business Units, they disciplinary report to you.
- have the managerial responsibility for the PSS organization in the Lead Country and are fully accountable for (new) business development.
- create a culture of trust and empowerment; select, coach, mentor and develop the team to enable them to take PSS Sales to the next level.
- set and communicate clear targets & control target achievement.
- drive innovation & market performance.
- be responsible for Lead Country sales performance of the Product & Systems portfolio through direct bidding or leveraging channel partners.
- remain focused on developing your markets by running strategic market research and key customer surveys to identify strategic business opportunities.
- preferably hold a double role with one of the BU’s.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in Business, Electrical Engineering, IT or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in business, sales and strategy in an industrial/digital b2b environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop large teams, particularly in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence. Strong presentation skills; ability to manage C-level stakeholders
- Global mindset. Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work with teams and stakeholders around the globe
- Fluent Dutch and English are mandatory for the role
- Business Development - Proven ability to build relationships with new and existing clients through solution selling, to drive revenue growth.
- Thought Leadership/Eminence Building - Proven skills as an industry visionary that provides thought leadership through speaking, whitepapers, and/or service innovation. Anticipate what digitalization means for the customer and proactively develop solutions. Proven ability to convert these efforts into revenue producing engagements.
- Collaborative Driver - Demonstrated ability to collaborate internally, while building and driving a business.
- Executive Presence/Communication - Ability to engender confidence internally and externally through clear communication, credibility, and leadership.
- Leadership - A master of the process of social influence which maximizes the efforts and impact of others towards the achievement of a common goal. Unleash the full potential of our people.
Job ID: 114551
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time