The role requires that candidate should be able to carry out partial discharge measurement of Medium Voltage switchgears, Power Transformer cable boxes & Earthing/Auxiliary Transformer cable boxes with the overall aim to:
- Define current condition of the equipment, insulation, performance (probability of failure) and risk.
- Identify the equipment that needs corrective action.
- Suggest corrective action to eliminate possible failures caused by partial discharge activity.
Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
• Degree Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution, university or college acceptable in Qatar.
- A total of at least Ten (10) years’ relevant experience in an Electrical Power Utility or Company.
- Sound Knowledge of different types PD activity such as Internal discharge/Voids, Surface discharge/Tracking, Floating/Arcing/loose components, Cable core insulation, Cable sealing end, and cable compound due to the presence of moisture, ageing or reasons whatsoever.
- Sound Knowledge of online continuous monitoring system installation and diagnosis.
- Sound Knowledge to distinguished between genuine PD and noise.
- Sound Knowledge of PD measurement kit and its usage.
- Conversant with all aspects of safety with high voltage installations.
- Execute all site activities such as PD measurement, PD localization, Data collection, PD measurement while performing switching exercise, re surveys, Visual inspection during PD related outages etc. in accordance with the Contract, Technical requirements
- Implement Safety Procedures, Rules & regulations, and Quality Standards at site.
- Obtaining authorization to receive Safety documents (LOA & PTW)
- Prepare preliminary report based on data collected from site and forward to PD experts for final analysis.
- Supervise subordinates work.
Job ID: 114682
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time