If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
The Overall System Architect owns conceptional business architecture for data driven and services powered by state of the arts analytics for the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System (REAMS). He ensures the rigor and integrity of the overarching architecture across the key functionalities, applications, data and analytics integration. He is responsible for the ongoing development of the architecture to ensure it supports the business objectives of the customer.
- Assessment of business requirements for data driven and predictive solutions for optimizing Asset Management processes of Rail Systems i.e. sustaining high reliability minimization of service interruptions, increasing cost efficiency
- Evaluation of the customers Asset Management Processes to identify potentials for e.g. whole life cost-, maintenance efficiency-, reliability optimization for assets in rail transport systems
- Definition of a comprehensive business architecture and a related solution concept for the data driven Asset Management system understood to describe the REAMS propositions and link data/functionalities/analytics/features to an appropriate business architecture
- Coach- / guide business analysts, solution architects for translation of business requirements into solution concepts
- Overall Ownership of the overall architecture development lifecycle for the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System, both for the customer implementation in Singapore as well as for the reusable on premise product to be derived from it
- Align with the Solution / IT Architects the definition of the target IT / Functional architecture for the REAMS solution in Singapore and for the future product type platform design
- Close alignment with the business and solutions architects to provide an enterprise solution that is flexible, scalable and capable of synchronizing with continuously changing business requirements
- Management of stakeholder expectations and requirements
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree or Master’s in Engineering or relevant fields
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in industrial Asset Management (ISO55001)
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience operation and maintenance railway systems and its core systems
- Work experience as business architect at least 5 years
- Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks
- Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modeling
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns.
- Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
- Ability to clarify complicated technical concerns to non-technical individuals
- Good expertise in software, hardware, systems engineering and IT security aspects
- Organizational, project and program management planning skills
- Comfortable working in a international team environment bridging traditional manufacturing with state of the art analytics in order to redefine the industry
- Self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness and strong result orientation
Job ID: 114711
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time