Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Dev-Ops Engineer
Job Location: UK – Nottingham or Hampton Court
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor Graphics Corporation (MENT), a Siemens PLM business is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software and hardware design solutions that help engineers around the world create new and innovative products.
The Mechanical Analysis Division is an innovative group, producing world-class simulation products for thermal and fluid analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have developed an enviable reputation in our market over the last 25 years and are producing state-of-the-art products that deliver targeted solutions to our customers’ needs.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer to work as a member of the DevOps team supporting our portfolio of Electronics Cooling products. You will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging and supporting core software with a focus on the automation-testing framework, regression testing suite, auxiliary tools, and package management. You will be teaming up with product managers, software engineers and QA engineers, based in Europe and the US. We have a great team that aims to help everyone achieve their potential.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or comparable practical experience.
- Experience of DevOps or test automation in an agile environment, with exposure to tools such as Jenkins, Coverity, BlackDuck, SonarQube etc.
- Development skills with Java/Groovy, C++ or C#.
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to collaborate and influence others to improve code health, testing and maintainability.
- Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set personal goals and work consistently towards them in a dynamic environment will go far towards contributing to your success.
- Exposure to engineering/scientific applications, specifically CAD, CFD or EDA tools would be an advantage.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 114793
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: MG Ireland ltd, UK Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time