MRX Technologies is an advanced project and product engineering organisation primarily active in the railway sector. Recently acquired by Siemens, we have a small company feel supported by large company opportunities.
MRX develops designs, builds, installs, commissions and maintains advanced industrial measurement and control equipment, mostly for passenger and heavy freight railways globally. Current project work is as diverse as instrumentation to automate the measurement of rail vehicle component wear (including wheels, brakes and power collection), the extensive monitoring of a wide range of track properties, through to the automatic operation of long heavy freight trains.
A unique opportunity is available for a motivated and proactive Engineering Head to join our offices based in Perth. The Engineering Head, Heads all over the assigned Engineering organisation, leads all related management and staff, defines and sets Engineering strategy, policies and guidelines in accordance to the overall strategic targets.
In the role of Engineering Head your main duties and responsibilities will be to assist with providing strategic advice and consulting expertise within the company.
- Heads functional organisation assigned, and leads, motivates and develops all related management, professional and operational staff.
- Defines function related strategies, policies and guidelines for the Engineering organisation.
- Executes governance within the Engineering organisation.
- Owns the content and quality of project deliveries
- Acts as ultimate point of escalation for decisions in the Engineering organisation for strategically relevant or critical cases.
- Trains and develops its first and second line into managers
- Achieve on time delivery, budget-match, and no NCCs for all projects – thought establishing and ruling engineering processes.
- Achieve cost down year over year on engineering packages.
- Focus teams on product standardisation.
- Develop the next line of management within the engineering organisation
Required Qualities & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years in a similar role
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, IT or equivalent degree qualifications
- Strong sense of team - diligent and supportive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic to learn new skills
- Detail and quality orientation
- Performance driven
- A demonstrated commitment to health and safety with the ability to work unsupervised and in remote areas
- Good computer literacy – Word, Excel & Outlook
MRX Technologies and parent company Siemens Ltd. are both equal opportunity employers with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process.
Job ID: 114882
Company: MRX Rail Services Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time