From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail
infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and
signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable
safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail
transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and
intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Senior P6 Planner / Scheduler to join our Mobility team, based in Bowen Hills, Brisbane. This role will support project tendering and delivery in Queensland.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce, maintain and manage the Signalling and Rail Electrification P6 programs for Siemens tenders and projects delivered from Queensland.
- Interact with the design, construction and commissioning teams to gain regular updates.
- Interact with the project management and engineering teams to gain regular inputs and reviews.
- Manage cost and resource loading as required by the contract.
- Assist Project Managers with the variations/claims and justifications using baseline functionality and schedules. Critical Path Analysis in addition to incorporation of scope changes and updates into the schedules. Attend engineering and site meetings and keep record of the minutes for the purpose of schedule update.
- Prepare and implement different ‘what if’ scenarios and run a comparison between them.
- Interact with the client teams to ensure the program meetings all contractual requirements.
- Interact with other P6 Planners / Schedulers around the country where required.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Competence and experience of using Primavera P6 including planning, cost and resource loading and MS applications e.g. MS Project and Excel
- Project Planning Experience
- Proficiency with exporting/importing from/to Primavera
- Modification of projects using advanced functionality for the purpose of resource allocation and resource levelling and provide required information for the resources planning in an internal tool
- Preparation of multiple layouts for each project using activity codes, resource codes and project codes and of weekly and monthly reports for the Project Engineers / Project Managers
- Creating and maintaining appropriate calendars for each phase of project and procurement registry that feeds into the schedule
- Preparing basis of schedule for each schedule and working with client to have the Baseline approved. Developing Executive Summary schedules for the Project Managers and Sales
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven ability to be an effective team player and able to work well with cross functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and continuous improvement.
- Engineering Degree related to rail, electrical or similar
- Power BI and Macro (Excel) knowledge is desired.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 114883
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time