Based at Eurostar’s Depot at Temple Mills, London, Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Technical Engineer to provide technical engineering capability at the local depot level. The Technical Engineer role includes; generating solutions for identified technical issues and customer variation enquiries, providing up to date maintenance instructions by responding to technical documentation enquiries and provide technical guidance to the depot production teams. The Technical Engineer will also undertake mentoring and coaching of maintenance technicians within the team.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Complete engineering issues and tasks allocated through the Technical Issues database.
- Support discussions with suppliers as required to exchange technical failure information and potential solutions.
- Develop and document solutions to address and improve safety, reliability and availability.
- Develop solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance via review and update of Vehicle Maintenance Instructions (VMIs) and Procedures (VMPs).
- Develop cost effective solutions in line with relevant national and railway industry safety standards.
- Support the production of change control documentation for trials and modifications to implement solutions and eradicate technical problems identified.
- Liaise with production to feedback and cascade knowledge to the production teams.
- Liaise with the training department to develop training material and deliver training where applicable.
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills through coaching.
- Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and support them in their business objectives.
- Collaboration with the customer to explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- ONC / HNC qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering experience in a railway / rolling stock environment
- Knowledge of railway maintenance techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrate railway systems knowledge including reading mechanical and electrical drawings, systematic fault finding and problem identification.
- Ability to analyze train borne event and fault diagnostic systems
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 114987
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time