Project Engineer for Gas Turbine Modernization
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: R&D
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
- Creation of technical offers for gas turbine modernizations and upgrades with focus on core engine hardware
- Analysis of technical risks related to upgrade products
- Communication within the engineering to define required hardware scope on a site specific basis within defined boundary conditions
- Support of COE projects for first time applications with technical product documentation
- Support testing preparation and field validation including testing on customer sites.
- Support R&D planning process for future fiscal years.
- Apply principles of Integrated Product Development (IPD) and Siemens Development System (SDS) and promote this as a culture to achieve targets.
- Carry out static/transient, Linear/Non-linear thermal and thermo mechanical FEA (Finite element analysis) of Gas Turbine static using commercial software such as ANSYS mechanical, ANSYS workbench, NX-CAE, Nastran & Abaqus.
- Perform Low Cycle Fatigue, High Cycle Fatigue and detailed Fracture Mechanics Assessment of Gas Turbine’s static & rotating components.
- Perform high temperature creep calculation and assessment. Creep-fatigue interaction needs to be checked.
- Prepare and document FE calculation in the form of structural integrity design reports.
- Participate and conduct structural integrity design reviews at component level.
- Seamless transfer of structural integrity calculation input and output between design teams and project leads respectively.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Master of Science in Mechanical-, Materials-, Aerospace Engineering
- 2 to 10 years of experience in CAE/FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for linear, non-linear, static, transient, thermal and structural calculations.
- Excellent working knowledge of the design and operation of gas turbines incl. thermodynamic understanding
- Advanced skills in MS-Office, SAP, Teamcenter and PCM documentation, VBA Programming
- Experience in FEA software Abaqus, ANSYS mechanical or ANSYS Workbench or NX-CAE, Nastran
- Strong project management experience and drive; demonstrated ability to receive a development target and drive it to completion.
- Experience in Product Design in turbo machinery or automotive or general engineering
- Strong background in engineering mechanics and mechanical design.
- Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills.
- Be comfortable working on different development projects, with colleagues in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
- Proven examples of proactive leadership and initiative.
- Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles and tools
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English
- 5+ years of experience in gas turbine, aerospace or equivalent field in two or more roles (engineering or operation)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 115104
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time