From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Support Manager to join the Siemens Engineering Team in our offices at Bowen Hills, Brisbane.
Technical Sales Support Manager
Ensures adherence to Sales guidelines and ensures achievements of the targets set.
- Work as Senior technical expert closely together with the Sales & Project team for locomotives in Australia
- Proactive customer approach on all levels all over Australia with convincing ideas for locomotive sales in close coordination with the sales responsible of each Australian region
- Identify the customer needs and generate business opportunities in locomotive sales, locomotive upgrades and services together with the Australian sales team
- To support with your senior railway business knowledge also other Mobility departments in Australia (Service, Signalling, etc.)
- Proposes sales budgets for the portfolio sales team and regularly monitors the achievements in the assigned area.
- Acts as first level of escalation for respective cases and issues.
- Supports superiors in matters of product and service positioning for the assigned portfolio and provides respective input.
- Initiates / contributes to planning of customer related product development measures or the setup of customer related projects.
- May support strategic key customers' business development.
- Bid proposal management in line with PM@Siemens methodology
- This position has a direct reporting line to our Senior Management Team in our Brisbane office and Functional reporting and close alignment with the Siemens Mobility HQ in Germany
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Established experience in expert and management functions railway business
- Deep technical knowledge of rolling stock vehicles especially locomotives
- Knowledge of rolling stock service
- Experience working within the processes of globally working companies
- Extended experience in negotiations and contract management
- Ability to influence customers on all levels of our products and services
- Able to work proactively and to develop new ideas and concepts
- Intercultural experience and ability to work in international teams
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 115159
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time