Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Telecoms Bid Engineer for our Rail Automation CIS business in Ashby De-La-Zouch. Reporting to the Senior Bid Manager, the Bid Engineer undertakes the delivery of the engineering design aspects of Fixed Telecoms tenders within agreed timescales and budgeted costs and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
The Bid Engineer acts as the interface to the wider engineering community and the bid team for allocated bids. The Bid Engineer will assess the requirements and produce an initial overview of the customers’ needs and propose outline solutions which will then be developed by the subject matter experts in engineering. The Bid Engineer assures compliance with customer requirements (from a bid perspective).
This role is based out of Ashby-de-la-Zouch but consideration will be given to other locations (e.g. York) for the right candidate.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Assessment of the requirements of a bid when ITT’s are published.
- Preparation of “Project on a page” summaries of requirements and outline solution.
- Engagement with Engineering/ Design function to secure appropriate level of resource to deliver fully compliant and fully costed solution.
- Engagement with customer to understand and develop requirements and Siemens solutions.
- Support production of, and production of, responses to customer requests for information.
- Telecoms engineering designs / activities with cost, quality, safety and performance requirements.
- Lead Telecoms engineering tasks to deliver system solutions
- Production of Telecoms engineering technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet bid requirements.
- Estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Maintain change/ decision log for bid solution as it develops through the process
- Provide input to risk register for engineering issues
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
- Compliance Statement to customer requirements
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject
- IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Design) (Not Essential)
- An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Rail Telecoms engineering environment.
- Knowledge and application of requirements management.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment
- Experience of working in a bid environment, to tight and often challenging timescales
- Proven experience of design delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems & engineering activities in the rail environment.
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Proven experience providing support for estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Full UK Driving license.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115213
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time